Festival Travel supports NSW Key Creatives whose projects have been officially invited to screen at significant international festivals outside Australia. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Please see below for quick reference funding GUIDELINES. See above for a downloadable PDF.
Potential applicants are advised to contact the Development & Production team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8289 6493 to discuss the application process.
Click on the items below for the Festival Travel guidelines
The program is open to any project within the range of activity that Create NSW supports which includes animation, documentary, features, shorts, television, children’s television and interactive.
- You can request any amount up to $5,000 per trip.
- Recently funded projects and the amounts provided can be found under Funding Approvals.
• This program supports international travel costs (flights, accommodation, transfers).
• We do not fund marketing costs such as prints or publicity materials, or domestic travel costs, under this program.
Screen NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in our Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
- The program is open to any NSW Key Creative whose project has been officially invited to screen in the program of an international festival (outside Australia) that offers significant networking and professional development opportunities.
- NSW-based Executive Producers will be considered in exceptional circumstances if Screen NSW is not providing travel support for any other Key Creatives on the project.
- Projects made outside NSW are eligible.
- Projects that have not received Screen NSW development or production finance are eligible.
Screen NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from under-represented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
You must submit all the core materials listed on the form. The key document we need you to submit is a cover letter outlining why attending the festival would provide you with a significant networking and professional development opportunity. Please include details of business meetings you are planning or upcoming projects that you wish to pitch as part of the trip.
|Your application will be competitively assessed against the following criteria:|
You can generally expect a decision between four and six weeks of the lodgement date of your completed application.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, or believe you have cause for complaint, please consult our Feedback, Review and Formal Complaints Procedures.