The Strategic Opportunities Program has been in operation since 1 July 2012.
The Strategic Opportunities Program supports individual initiatives and events that demonstrate long-term benefits to the NSW screen industry.
The objectives of the Program are:
- To build capacity within the industry and organisations and businesses within the sector;
- To support new and sustainable partnerships in particular between organisations of State significance and practitioners;
- To support audience access strategies for projects and practitioners.
Funding will be restricted to projects and events that take place during a year and will not support existing staff positions. Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The project/event is well planned and of high artistic quality and its capacity to contribute to the overall stability and strength of the NSW screen industry;
- The plans for the use of the funding and the amount of other funding;
- Track record of the applicant and partners;
- The availability of funds in the program;
- Alignment with Screen NSW organisational priorities.
Guidelines and application form are available from th eabove links.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis at any time during the year and will be considered by two members of Screen NSW senior management who will make a recommendation and the recommendation will be considered by the CEO.
Applicants to other Screen NSW funding programs are eligible to apply to this Program but not for the same project/event.
Applications for this program will not be accepted for projects that would ordinarily be eligible for other Screen NSW funding programs.
Decisions will be made within four weeks of receipt of applications.