Screen NSW Charter
Screen NSW operates under the Film and Television Industry Act 1988.
The main functions are:
- to provide financial and other assistance to the film and television industry in carrying out the industry's activities in New South Wales and to disseminate information about those activities,
- to provide financial and other assistance for persons (including directors, producers, actors, writers and technicians) whose work in the film and television industry merits encouragement,
- to provide financial and other assistance for script and project development for film and television,
- to contribute, financially and otherwise, to the work of film festivals and markets,
- to assist in the promotion of public interest in film as a medium of communication and as an art form and in the development of an informed and critical film audience,
- to provide policy and support services and advice to Government agencies on the production of films and sound recordings,
- to advise the Minister on the operation of the film and television industry in New South Wales,
- to undertake the production of films or sound recordings on its own behalf or for any other person, body or organisation (including any Government agency),
- to carry out such obligations and responsibilities determined by the Minister as may be necessary for the maintenance and administration of the film catalogue vested in the State.