Emerging Producer Placement (EPP)
The EPP program is now closed and will open for applications in 2020.
Screen NSW is looking for the next wave of emerging producers.
Are you a passionate emerging producer with a track record in short form content looking to develop your skills and take the next step in your career?
The EPP will provide emerging producers with a unique opportunity to gain experience with NSW screen production companies, in addition to working with Screen NSW Sector Investment team. EPP is a fast-track career opportunity by matching highly experienced screen industry practitioners with undiscovered emerging producing talent.
In this round, two candidates will be selected for placement opportunities. One placement will be a dedicated spot for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander emerging producer. The other placement will prioritise emerging producers from under-represented groups including women, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people and people from Western Sydney.
The two candidates will be selected and paid to undertake a six-month customised program. They will spend the majority of the time with production companies, with additional time at Screen NSW and attending key industry events.
Applying for a grant:
Guidelines can be downloaded from the documents box on the right hand side of the screen.
Our funding guidelines have been broken down into easy to read steps below. We also have FAQ’S to answer questions about applying through our online application system.
For more information contact Nadia on (02) 8289 6416 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your application.
1. Emerging producers who currently reside in NSW.
2. Emerging producers who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, or from under-represented groups, including women, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people and people from Western Sydney.
3. Have at least one credit as producer on a short film or web series.
You will need to complete an online expression of interest detailing how you meet the Selection Criteria and why you believe the attachment would be of value to you at this point in your career.
You will need to address the following criteria:
- A knowledge of current development and project financing practices within Australia.
- A demonstrated understanding of production budgets.
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and research skills, and the ability to collate information and write reports using a variety of software packages.
- An ability to work independently and to exercise initiative, sensitivity and discretion.
Your application will be assessed on the basis of your experience and your expression of interest relating to the selection criteria. Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of Screen NSW staff including the Senior Manager of Sector Investment (Screen) and the Head of Screen NSW. Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview and subsequent recommendations will be considered by the Executive Director.
The placement will begin mid-January 2020, with the dates to be mutually agreed by both parties.