Australian International Documentary Conference 2021 – Indigenous Creators Program
The Indigenous Creators Program is a dedicated strand of conference sessions and marketplace activities designed by and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners and international First Nations people attending the Australian International Documentary Conference.
Screen NSW will support up to ten NSW-based Indigenous screen practitioners with All Access passes to participate in the Indigenous Creators Program from Sunday 28 February to Wednesday 3 March 2021.
The program will be delivered online and provides professional development opportunities aimed at strengthening the talent and capacity of NSW Indigenous screen practitioners. Sessions will take place each day to provide up-close access to decision makers and speakers, as well as key industry intel for practitioners attending AIDC. Sessions will be open to Indigenous delegates only with full details announced on Thursday 28 January alongside AIDC’s full program.
Read more about the program and conference here.
For the first time, AIDC is introducing an exciting new marketplace opportunity dedicated to Indigenous practitioners with market-ready projects. The marketplace will be highly competitive, pairing the best projects submitted to AIDC with local and international decision makers specifically looking to work with Indigenous creatives. Decision makers participating include:
- Sundance Native Institute
- A24 Documentaries
- Hot Docs
Guidelines can be downloaded from the documents box on the right-hand side of the screen.
How to apply:
Apply online here. All applications must be received through the Screen NSW online grants administration system, SmartyGrants.
Applications will close at 4:00 pm on Friday 15 January 2021 AEST
For more information call Amelia Carew-Reid on (02) 8289 6417 or by email to Amelia.Carew-Reid@create.nsw.gov.au if you would like to discuss your application.
Image Credit: The Fight Together (WT), EQ Media, 2021 (Pic: Sean Izzard).
Screen NSW is offering up to ten All Access conference passes to NSW-based Indigenous screen practitioners to participate in the Indigenous Creators Program at the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC).
AIDC is Australia's premier event for documentary, factual and unscripted screen content. The 2021 program will be delivered online and will feature a four-day marketplace, forum and screening program.
AIDC attracts a diverse mix of broadcasters, storytellers, entrepreneurs and documentary fans from Australia, the Asia-Pacific and beyond.
The conference will be held between 28 February to 3 March 2021.
The program is targeted at all experience levels across documentary and factual sector.
- Have one or more projects in active development.
- Have clear objectives for how attending the conference will advance their career and/or projects.
This program is only open to NSW-based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander screen practitioners.
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Be NSW based
- Have at least one project in active development, that has one or more of the following:
- Interest from a distributor, commissioning platform, or recognised sales agent; or
- A highly experienced producer or executive producer attached; or
- Received funding from an Australian screen agency
- Please note writers and/or directors are welcome to apply if you have an active project which satisfies the above criteria
You can apply for the using our online application form here:https://screennsw.smartygrants.com.au/aidc2021indigenouscreatorsprogram
Your application will be assessed by the Program Manager who may seek input from other members of the Screen Industry Programs team.
- How attending will benefit the applicant’s career and/or projects
- Strength of the candidate’s stated objectives for attending AIDC
- Screen NSW is committed to promoting diversity of opportunity in the screen industry as well as the diversity of screen stories. Alongside its commitment to gender equality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representation, Screen NSW supports the expansion of talent and stories from all genders, cultural backgrounds and sexual orientations.
|Applications Close||Friday 15 January 2021|
|Decision date||Friday 22 January 2021|
|The Event||March 1st - 4th 2021|
You will receive a four-day All Access pass to the AIDC conference.
This pass provides access to all AIDC sessions, professional development activities and networking opportunities.
Unsuccessful applicants will have the opportunity to get feedback from the assessment panel.