Indigenous Talent Creative Incubator
Indigenous Talent Creative Incubator
Screen NSW, in partnership with Bunya Talent, are seeking up to eight Indigenous producers, writers, writer/directors or director/producers to take part in a three-day Creative Incubator, featuring a bespoke program of masterclasses and one-to-one mentoring with experienced industry practitioners.
The Creative Incubator will identify and develop indigenous talent for film, TV and digital outcomes, and aims to advance the story ideas and skills of emerging and mid-career Indigenous practitioners in NSW.
This intensive three-day workshop will take place in Sydney, from 21st - 23rd Oct 2020.
The development program will be open for submissions on 3rd July at 9am AEST.
Applications have been extended and will now close on Friday 4th September at 4pm AEST.
In this current environment, Screen NSW is conscious that applicants may be concerned that they will not be able to deliver on the outcomes they have outlined in their funding application. Screen NSW would like to assure applicants that there will be flexibility around delivery dates and outcomes where projects have been affected by the spread of COVID-19. Screen NSW have processes in place that enable funded clients to vary their agreements.
There may be opportunities for applicants to attend virtually depending on circumstances.
Applying for a Program:
All applications must be received through the Screen NSW online grants administration system, SmartyGrants. Apply online here.
Guidelines can be downloaded from the documents box on the right-hand-side of the screen.
For more information call Amelia Carew-Reid on (02) 8289 6417 or by email to Amelia.Carew-Reid@create.nsw.gov.au if you would like to discuss your proposed project.
* Image credit:Producer, advocate for Indigenous stories, mentor of emerging filmmakers and Incubator Facilitator, Gillian Moody.
- Applicants must be a NSW resident;
- Applications must be from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander key creatives.
- Applicants must have relevant experience within the screen industry, including a creative concept you are developing.
- Applicants must be available to attend all workshop dates from 21st - 23rd Oct.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
NSW resident refers to a person residing in NSW for at least six months prior to making an application.
You can apply for the Creative Incubator program using our online application form:
In the application form, you will be asked to provide contact information, and project details, Including:
- Your CV or a short bio;
- A paragraph outlining your experience within the screen industry or other relevant experience and how your background meets the aims of the workshop;
- A synopsis of the project you are currently working on, including the stage of development;
- A one-page pitch document;
- Applicants need to provide proof of their legal status.
- If you are applying with a project that has been taken to other recent talent workshops supported by Screen NSW, please also note what progress or changes have been made to the project to date.
Applications open: 3rd July at 9am AEST.
Applications close: 21st August at 4pm AEST.
Eligible applications will be considered by representatives from Bunya Productions and Screen NSW against the following criteria:
- The originality and distinctiveness of the project materials;
- The skills, experience and track record of the applicant and the potential to advance the individual’s career;
- Their availability to attend all workshop days.
Successful applicants will be notified by email by on 7th September 2020 and will be required to enter into a grant agreement with Screen NSW. An acquittal must be submitted 3 months after the workshop.
You will be notified of your successful application by email by 7th September 2020. (6 ½ weeks notice prior to workshop)
You will be notified of your unsuccessful application by 28th August 2020 via email. We are happy to provide feedback on the assessment of your application.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, or believe you have cause for complaint, the details of our Feedback, Review and Formal Complaints Procedures are available here.