YouTube Creator Program
Screen NSW is calling out for applications to the inaugural YouTube Creator Program, a new suite of programs to be delivered in by Changer Studios in collaboration with YouTube.
The YouTube Creator Program has been designed to shape the new media landscape by growing the next generation of NSW YouTube creators and building a stronger culture of creative entrepreneurship and diversity. Practitioners from across NSW are encouraged to participate.
The program is aimed at creators of all levels and will provide world-leading insights, community building, and practical tips that can be put in place immediately. The program is designed to help practitioners create new, original content made specifically for global online audiences and take their stories and business models to the next level.
There are two opportunities as part of this program:
- Two x two-hour online workshops delivered by Changer Studios, aimed at screen practitioners looking to hone their skills.
- The Creator Accelerator Program, a four-week workshop aimed at established content creators with 100K+ YouTube subscribers.
The program offers two online workshops for practitioners to hone their skills:
- Success and impact on YouTube - Thursday 15 April 2021 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM AEST
- How to earn revenue & build a career on YouTube - Thursday 29 April 2021 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM AEST
Find out more about these free online workshops and register via the Changer Studio website.
Creator Accelerator Program
The Creator Accelerator Program provides an opportunity for up to 20 NSW content creators to take part in the advanced Creator Accelerator program from Wednesday 19 May 2021 to Friday 18 June 2021.
The Creator Accelerator is an intensive program for established NSW YouTube creators to develop and leverage new opportunities in the rapidly changing media landscape. This program is open for participants across all genres: scripted, narrative-driven and factual content.
Applications for the Creator Accelerator program close Monday 3 May 2021 at 5:00 PM AEST. Applicants will be advised of the status of the their application by Friday 7 May 2021.
To be eligible applicants must:
- be a NSW resident (NSW resident refers to a person residing in NSW for at least six months prior to making an application).
- have over 100,000 subscribers and be established on the YouTube platform. Creators with smaller channels may be selected if they can demonstrate readiness for this program via the application form.
- be able to commit to the four-week program as outlined.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply to the Creator Accelerator program visit the Changer Studios website.
All program guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the Screen NSW Terms of Trade.
The application process will be managed by Changer Studios, with assessments to take place via a panel of Screen NSW and Changer Studios representatives.
For more information about this program, please contact:
Lee Stewart, Changer Studios
Amelia Carew-Reid, Manager Screen Industry Development, Screen NSW
Phone: 02 8289 6417
About Changer Studios
Changer is a creative agency shaping the future of short-form video content. Through their work with leading content creators and experts from around the world, Changer has developed unique insights and expertise in this new video space.
Changer run a series of world-first creator initiatives, in partnership with YouTube and other leading online video partners, helping to develop the next generation of creator talent.
You can stay updated with Changer initiatives by signing up to their mailing list.