Create NSW - ABC TV ARTS Documentary Feature Fund Initiative - Currently Closed
Click on the items below for the guidelines.
The Screen NSW – ABC TV ARTS Documentary Feature Fund is open to proposals for feature length documentaries. We are seeking projects that will suit primetime broadcast and deal in Arts in the broadest sense, appealing to a wide audience.
Screen NSW will contribute $100,000 and the ABC Licence is $150,000. Producers will need to raise the rest of the finance via other agencies and the market.
- Applicants will generally be a NSW-based Key Creative, individual or company. If you are not based in NSW you must provide evidence of a genuine co-production partnership with a NSW-based company or producer OR have at least one NSW based Key Creative (writer/producer or director) attached;
- You must intend to produce and/or post produce your project in NSW;
- You must hold the rights in your project;
- The project should be capable of being delivered by May 2019.
Create NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in the Create NSW Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
Create NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from under-represented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
- A completed application form;
- All core material listed on the application form including a detailed treatment or script, CVs of Key Creative(s), Detailed Finance Strategy or Finance Plan and Budget Summary.
Create NSW and the ABC TV ARTS will jointly review and assess the applications against the following criteria:
- The strength and distinctiveness of the concept;
- The strength of the story and the quality of the submitted materials;
- The project’s ability to sustain at feature length and in a theatrical context;
- The plans for the use of production finance funding;
- The potential of the project to reach its target audience and its viability in terms of likely budget relative to market;
- The track record of the Key Creative(s) and/or company;
- The potential of the project to contribute to a robust screen industry in NSW.
Sector Investment Manager (Screen)
Development & Production