The Festival Travel Portal is currently closed.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation (previously known as novel coronavirus), Screen NSW is currently not accepting applications to its Festival Travel and Market Travel funds.
During this time Screen NSW is taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our community is prioritised, and we are following latest advice being provided by NSW Health, and the Federal Department of Health.
We understand that this is a challenging time for individuals and organisations in our industry and Screen NSW will continue to support and champion the NSW screen sector.
We look forward to resuming our Festival Travel and Market Travel funds programs in due course, and we seek your understanding and patience as we make these temporary changes to our funding and support programs.
Click on the items below for the Festival Travel guidelines
The program is open to any project within the range of activity that Create NSW supports which includes animation, documentary, features, shorts, television, children’s television and interactive.
- You can request any amount up to $5,000 per trip.
- Recently funded projects and the amounts provided can be found under Funding Approvals.
• This program supports international travel costs (flights, accommodation, transfers).
• We do not fund marketing costs such as prints or publicity materials, or domestic travel costs, under this program.
Screen NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in our Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
- The program is open to any NSW Key Creative whose project has been officially invited to screen in the program of an international festival (outside Australia) that offers significant networking and professional development opportunities.
- NSW-based Executive Producers will be considered in exceptional circumstances if Screen NSW is not providing travel support for any other Key Creatives on the project.
- Projects made outside NSW are eligible.
- Projects that have not received Screen NSW development or production finance are eligible.
Screen NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from under-represented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
The Travel Portal is currently closed.
All applications must be received through the Screen NSW online grants administration system, SmartyGrants.
The application form can be found here.
You must submit all the core materials listed on the form. The key document we need you to submit is a cover letter outlining why attending the festival would provide you with a significant networking and professional development opportunity. Please include details of business meetings you are planning or upcoming projects that you wish to pitch as part of the trip.
|Your application will be competitively assessed against the following criteria:|
Between six to eight weeks from the date that Screen NSW acknowledges receipt of a completed application.
Please note you will recieve a SmartyGrants acknowledgement of submission. We will send a separate acknowlegdement.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, or believe you have cause for complaint, please consult our Feedback, Review and Formal Complaints Procedures.