The Festival Travel Funding is open to any project within the range of activities that Create NSW supports, which include animation, documentary, features, shorts, television, children’s television and interactive.
Screen NSW accepting applications for Festival Travel Funding on a case-by-case basis from applicants to ensure the health and safety of our community are prioritised, and we are following the latest advice being provided by NSW Health and the Federal Department of Health.
We understand that this is a challenging time for individuals and organisations in our industry, and Screen NSW will continue to support and champion the NSW screen sector.
Applying for Festival Travel Funding is open, apply HERE.
Please see below for quick reference funding GUIDELINES. See above for a downloadable PDF.
For enquiries, contact email@example.com
Click on the items below for the Festival Travel guidelines
The program is open to any project within the range of activity that Create NSW supports which includes animation, documentary, features, shorts, television, children’s television and interactive.
- Requests for festival travel support should not generally exceed $6,000. Screen NSW will support up to $5,000 per individual or up to $6,000 for two or more team members per application.
- Recently funded projects and the amounts provided can be found under Funding Approvals.
- This program supports international travel costs (flights, accommodation, transfers).
- We do not fund domestic travel under this program.
- We do not fund marketing costs such as prints or publicity materials, or domestic travel costs, under this program.
Screen NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in our Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
- The program is open to any NSW Key Creative whose project has been officially invited to screen in the program of an international festival (outside Australia) that offers significant networking and professional development opportunities.
- NSW-based Executive Producers will be considered in exceptional circumstances if Screen NSW is not providing travel support for any other Key Creatives on the project.
- Projects made outside NSW are eligible.
- Projects that have not received Screen NSW development or production finance are eligible.
- Projects that have been made as part of tertiary study are not eligible
Screen NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from underrepresented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
You must submit all the core materials listed on the form. The key document we need you to submit is a cover letter outlining why attending the festival would provide you with a significant networking and professional development opportunity. Please include details of business meetings you are planning or upcoming projects that you wish to pitch as part of the trip.
A COVID-19 travel plan MUST be supplied, outlining the requirements of the country you are travelling to, the quarantine requirements of your destination and on your return to NSW.
Please provide details of vaccination requirements for travel, or medical exemptions to support your travel application.
Please provide the COVID-safe practices of the festival/market you are travelling to if available.
Your application will be competitively assessed against the following criteria:
- The track record of the applicant, including the financial track record and experience of the applicant and any Key Creatives
- The networking and professional development opportunities provided by the festival
- The likelihood it will assist the applicant’s next project, relative to their level of experience
- The appropriateness of the budget submitted
Between six to eight weeks from the date that Screen NSW acknowledges receipt of a completed application.
Please note you will receive a SmartyGrants acknowledgement of submission. We will send a separate acknowledgement.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, or believe you have cause for complaint, please consult our Feedback, Review and Formal Complaints Procedures.