The Market Travel Portal is currently OPEN.
Market Travel supports NSW producers and Key Creatives for travel relevant to financing projects.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Please see below for funding GUIDELINES. See above for a downloadable PDF.
Potential applicants are advised to contact the Development & Production team on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8289 6493 to discuss the application process.
The application portal for the Early, Advanced, Time Critical and Travel funding has now been closed for the remainder of the 2018/19 Financial Year.
Please reapply with the new application form which will open on the 1st of July 2019 for the new 2019/2020 Financial Year.
For any further updates please keep an eye on our website or subscribe to our newsletter, however the portal will be reopened on 1st July at 9am.
Click on the items below for the Market Travel guidelines
We fund the development of:
- feature films
- adult and children’s television drama and narrative comedy including series, miniseries, web series and telemovies
- factual and documentary television or web programs and series animation series
- creative interactive screen entertainment
We do not fund the development of:
- infotainment, lifestyle, travel, magazine, sports, education, game shows and other magazine- style productions*
- current affairs and news programs community television programs
- shorts, short features (under 60 minutes) or experimental films
- interactive content that is not creative screen entertainment projects being developed as part of a course of study
*For further guidance on the distinction between infotainment, lifestyle, magazine programs and documentary/factual programs refer to the advice on Screen Australia’s website.
- Requests for travel support should generally not exceed $5,000.
- An individual or a team can submit up to three applications to this program in any financial year, but only one application at a time
- Generally we will not consider development funding for a project that has a current application to another Screen NSW program
Recently funded projects and the amounts provided can be found under Funding Approvals.
Travel related to markets, industry trade missions and targeted trips of meetings aimed at securing finance for a project or slate of projects.
Screen NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in the Screen NSW Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
Applicants will generally be a NSW-based Key Creative, individual or company. If you are not based in NSW you must:
- Provide evidence of a genuine co-production partnership with a NSW-based company or producer OR
- Have at least one NSW based Key Creative (writer, producer or director) attached OR
- Satisfy Screen NSW that the proposed travel offers outstanding benefits to the NSW screen industry
You must intend to produce or post produce your project in NSW. You must hold the rights in your project.
Teams generally need to include a Key Creative with credits in a relevant genre. If your team does not have these credits, please provide other information demonstrating that you have the relevant market knowledge and relationships.
Screen NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from under-represented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
The Market Travel Funding Portal is currently OPEN, and will close 11.59pm June 30th, 2020.
You must submit all of the core materials listed on the online application form.
Projects need to demonstrate that the creative materials are at a market ready stage. If you are applying with a slate of projects provide the creative materials for the strongest project on the slate, plus an overview of the slate to be pitched and a précis of each of the other projects.
The creative materials required vary according to the project type:
- features - a script and one page synopsis
- documentary and factual programs - a script or detailed treatment
- TV and web drama - the series bible, scripts and/or episode outlines
- Interactive projects - a clear description of the story, journey or user experience Please also provide web metrics and online location for any relevant previous projects, including the experience of the team.
You should also provide evidence of plans to maximise the potential of your content to be exploited across different formats and platforms – i.e. webisodes, mobile games.
Assessment materials should include CVs from all key project members.
Your application will be competitively assessed against the following criteria:
- Whether the proposed travel is essential to advancing the financing of the project and/or the applicant’s slate, taking into account market readiness of the project(s) and the opportunities provided by the market or targeted meetings.
- The track record of the applicant including the financial track record and experience of the applicant and any key creatives.
- The appropriateness of the budget submitted.
- The potential of the project(s) to contribute to a robust screen industry in NSW.
Approximately four and six weeks from the date that we acknowledge receipt of a completed application.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, or believe you have cause for complaint, please consult our Feedback, Review and Formal Complaints Procedures.