Screen NSW COVID-19 Impact Survey Results
In April 2020 we launched a Screen Impact Survey to learn about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on screen industry workplaces and practitioners.
The results provide Screen NSW with valuable information on how the recent global events impacted the industry and its ability to do business.
- 91% of Freelance/Contractors had projects cancelled or postponed
- 40% of employees (full time, part time and casual) had reduced pay or hours and of these, 40% were unsure how long it would last for
- 86% of businesses had projects cancelled or postponed. Only 2.8% of business had no change
- one in three employees (fulltime, part time or casual) lost their job
- 42% of businesses had to either reduce staff, reduce hours of staff, or ask staff to take a pay cut
These figures are a snapshot of the key findings gathered through the survey in April 2020. At the close of the survey 636 complete responses were received. This analysis includes completed responses only.
Image: State Theatre, Sydney Film Festival 2019 Opening Night. Courtesy the Festival.