EOI - Screen NSW First Nations Cultural Consultant Panel
Screen NSW is seeking First Nations screen practitioners and community members, with an interest in film and television, to assess First Nations content in applications made to Screen NSW funding rounds.
First Nations Cultural Consultants will ensure that representations of First Nations stories are accurate and comprehensive and showcase the diversity of lives and stories of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to audiences in NSW and beyond.
External First Nations Cultural Consultants will educate and participate in a safe and informative processes and should be aware of the culturally appropriate frameworks and systems to assess and highlight many factors that have adverse implications for First Nations peoples today.
With this knowledge, external First Nations Cultural Consultants will assist Screen NSW Investment Managers in assessing the projects for a better understanding of the diversity and needs of First Nations people. Accordingly, the projects with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander content might be adjusted based on the conducted cultural consultation.
- Be a person of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and is accepted as such by the community they live in
- Understand the following documents:
a. Pathways & Protocols: A filmmaker's guide to working with Indigenous people, culture and concepts by Terri Janke: https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/about-us/doing-business-with-us/indigenous-content/indigenous-protocols
b. SBS's The Greater Perspective and The Greater Perspective and its Supplementary Guide Pathways & Protocols: https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/the-greater-perspective-indigenous-protocols
- Have a broad understanding of screen, arts and culture
- Be willing to provide factual unbiased comments specific to the cultural components of projects and provide recommendations for the Screen NSW Investment Manager and applicant
- Screen NSW often works on tight timelines, and it is important you can work to deadlines.
- Understand Screen NSW’s program guidelines and Screen NSW Terms of Trade and Contracting
All expressions of interest must be received through the Screen NSW online administration system, Smarty Grants, here.
Please subscribe to our e-News or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates about our programs.
For more information about the Screen NSW First Nations Cultural Consultants Panel or to discuss your expression of interest, contact Charlie Falkner by email on Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org